WHY USE A WHITEHORSE REALTOR®?
Is it cost effective not to use a trusted Whitehorse Realtor® to take care of you? Are there any advantages for you to sell your own house?
Not really. You could easily get less money for your home; overprice it and scare buyers away; make mistakes that leave you with legal liability; waste time and money; put yourself or your home in danger, with unqualified buyers, or “buyers” with other motivations.
Your Whitehorse Realtor® will direct the process and protect your interests. If you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur.
Disadvantages of NOT using a Licensed Whitehorse Realtor®
- Lack of selling information
- Setting unrealistic market value scares buyers away
- Reduced exposure reduces your chance of getting the best price
- Unqualified buyers can waste your weekends and evenings
- Time off work to meet a buyer during the day
- Non-refundable, upfront fees
- Unprofessional/problematic showings can chase buyers away
- Many buyers prefer to deal with a REALTOR®
- People that do not show up for a showing
- Unprofessional marketing leaves a negative impression
- Asking the right questions, and professionally answering questions
- There are trust/concern issues between buyers and sellers (big investment)
- Whom are you dealing with, in your home (safety)
- Does the buyer qualify, with their bank, to purchase your home?
- Your home goes off the market each time a buyer tries to qualify for a mortgage
- Will the buyer have to sell their home before they can buy yours?
- Are you prepared to negotiate price?
- Unprofessional negotiations can trigger emotional responses
- Will the buyer stick with the deal, or cool off over the weekend?
- Is the buyer looking to save or split what would amount to a sales commission?
- How will you protect your interests in the sale of your home?
- Who will advise you when you need help?
- Have you prepared, or hired someone to prepare, the contract?
- Have you researched and prepared all of the documents required?
- Is your home bylaw compliant?
- Have you properly disclosed any and all problems with the house?
- The deal can easily fall through based on debts, incomes and down payment.
Whitehorse Realtor® | Whitehorse, Yukon Real Estate | AJ Malcolm | Dome Realty