Worked with top marketing managers, in Canada, including: Peoples Jewellers, Walt Disney, Lucas Arts, X-Box, and a variety of national buyers and product managers. Chances are you tried one my products!
- Currently building a Whitehorse information portal, call Whitehorse Life
- Designed/marketed electronics products for most of the retail chains in Canada
- Designed/marketed frozen gourmet dinners for most of the food chains in Canada
- Designed/marketed a variety of gourmet restaurants – Two in the Yukon
- Designed/marketed Canada’s largest, independent, online retail store
- Nominated for Entrepreneur of the year, in 2003
- Managed Yukon Entrepreneurship Center
- Distributed and promoted Music Yukon CDs, across Canada, through 2000 retailers
- Researched, wrote and published free business start-up book for Yukon entrepreneurs
- Developed & taught a Business-English course for a private school in Anyang, Korea
A long career in professional marketing, business development, teaching, negotiations and business ethics.
Eight years of college and university, with honors, including business administration, law, business information processing, computer programming, marketing, environmental science, land management, arts and science and real estate.
Real Estate, marketing, consulting, negotiations, senior administration, customer service, product and package development, product photography, manufacturing, importing, exporting, graphic design, computer analyst/programmer/tech/repair
Community Volunteer Work
- Business consulting for new and established businesses
- Business and marketing assistance for Yukon entrepreneurs
- Marketing and distributing Music Yukon CD samplers to thousands of national retailers
- Marketing for charities and good causes
- Sponsor child since 2002
I moved to Whitehorse in 1974. It was a cold, dark morning when my family and I landed on the Whitehorse tarmac, via CP Air. -40 was new to all of us.
I spent most of my youth working with my family, in our restaurant. We started with a small takeout, built on to our small log home, which we built from the foundation, up.
Our small takeout grew into a fine dining restaurant, which was recognized as one of Canada’s top ten dining experiences.
Eight years later I decided to move into the world of frozen, gourmet dinners, which evolved into a long-term career in product development and marketing.
My focus was on the best of the best, at the best price. I developed and built all kinds of quality products, designed packaging, managed customer service and quality control. I enjoyed seeing my work meet public approval.
As the years passed, my work was taking me further away from the lifestyle I previously enjoyed, in the Yukon, so my family and I decided it was time to move back home.
It was the spring of 96, when we hit the road. This time we landed in the gold fields, south of Dawson City. We stayed the entire summer, camping, prospecting, cabin hunting (from the gold rush days), panning for gold, counting bears, looking for old bones and soaking up the midnight sun. It was beautiful; free from phones, pagers, faxes, email, TVs and computers. It was the perfect place to wind down and reflect, before moving forward.
When the fall set in, we moved to Dawson City and opened a small, fine dining restaurant, which operated for five years, before we made the move back to Whitehorse.
I carried on with a variety of projects, spent some time overseas teaching English, and did volunteer work. I went back to university and studied environmental science, law, marketing, real estate, computer programming and land management. From there, I took more time to study global affairs, politics, and world economies.
I wanted all of the information I knew I would need, before I stepped into a new career. It is the external variables that play havoc with entrepreneurs, so I took a good look at the externals and decided it was time to make a change towards a balanced, Yukon lifestyle, with a focus on family, community, career, and simplicity.
My beautiful wife and her website European clothing designs and hair salon
Volunteer for Good Causes…
I have a passion for teaching and helping. I try my best to make myself available to volunteer for good causes and charitable organizations. My focus and passion is on people and animals in need of assistance. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Want to change the world? Start with the children. The day all children of the globe are equally respected, loved and cared for, is the day we can say we grew up.
About AJ Malcolm – Whitehorse Real Estate – AJ Malcolm, Dome Realty